Step 2: Blog Setup (Screenshot Walkthrough)
1. Go to: theblogbuilders.com/blue to get your special rate at Bluehost and click ‘Get Started Now’:
2. Select your plan. For new bloggers, I generally recommend the plus or prime plans because of all of the unlimited features. If that’s not in your budget, it’s ok to start with the basic plan:
3. Type your domain name into the box on the left and click next:
4. If your preferred domain isn’t available, you can use one of their alternate suggestions. Or, you can enter a new idea.
5. Once you have found a domain that’s available, you will be taken to the registration page where you can enter your billing details:
6. You will also need to choose your hosting package options:
Choose the 36 month package if you want the lowest monthly rate, or the 12 month package for a lower up-front cost. Either is great!
You can uncheck the boxes next to the other products. They can be added later if needed.
7. Once your account is set up (this could take a few minutes), you will be able to go to bluehost.com and log in. You will do that by clicking the login tab up top and entering your domain name and password:
8. Bluehost will now install WordPress automatically (which is why Bluehost is the easiest host):
9. You’re all done! Your blog is set up. Now you will log in and learn how to use your blog:
You’re now ready to go to the next step in the guide, which will show you how to use your new blog: