Step 2: Blog Setup (Screenshot Version)
You should be able to work through this tutorial to have your own fully functional blog set up in the next 10 minutes.
1. Go to the Bluehost WordPress page and click ‘get started now’.
2. Select a plan. If you are only going to have one blog, the ‘starter’ plan at $3.49 is recommended.
3. Type your favorite domain name idea into the ‘Enter Domain Name” field and click ‘Next.’
4. If your preferred domain isn’t available, use one of the suggested domains or enter another of your ideas.
Once you’ve found a domain that’s available, you’ll be taken to the account creation page.
5. Enter your account information
- Make sure you enter an email address you check often.
- Make sure your plan is correctly set to the correct option ($3.49 recommended).
- Enter your billing information and click ‘Next.’
- Uncheck the three boxes next to the addons (they’re not necessary for a brand new blog).
6. Scroll down to skip all the upgrade offers and click ‘Complete.’
You can always add them later if you feel like you need them.
7. Click ‘Create your password.’
8. Choose a complicated password and click ‘Create.’
Don’t forget to write it down or save it!
9. Enter the password you just created and click ‘Login.’
10. Click ‘Home’ (You May Have To Close A Box To Do So)
11. Scroll down and click ‘Install WordPress.’
12. Mojo Marketplace Should Load Up: Click The Green ‘Start’ Button:
13. Click ‘Check Domain’.
At this point in the process, you will get a warning message telling you that the directory isn’t empty. This is 100% ok! Just keep going through – that message just happens because Bluehost puts up a temporary landing page for your domain!
14. Accept The Terms and Conditions And Click ‘Install’.
15. You’re All Done!! Scroll down and click ‘view’ to view and WRITE DOWN your credentials.