Lavalinx is an extremely effective link management system that I told you about earlier this week. If you missed the original post I would give it a look: 103rd Way To Make Your Site A Back-Link Superstar – Lavalinx. A lot of people have already signed up for it and you don’t want to get behind your competition!
What’s A Dynamic Sending Page
With Lavalinx, you trade links with other sites that are related to yours or have pages related to your site. When you login to your account, you are able to find these sites and can request to trade links with them. Once both sides have agreed to make a trade, they will each add a link to the other person’s site.
A dynamic sending page makes it so you don’t have to go to your site and add the link manually. After you install a script on your page, Lavalinx can add the link for you. It makes it a lot faster, and a lot less tedious.
Creating A Dynamic Sending Page
Once your account is approved, it’s actually fairly simple to create a dynamic sending page in Lavalinx. Note: Dynamic sending pages won’t work on all blogs, but do work very well with WordPress. You also don’t need to use dynamic sending pages to use Lavalinx, it just makes the process a little faster.
You will need a WordPress plugin called runPHP to make your sending page work. All you need to do to install it is:
- Download it.
- Extract it. Right click your mouse on it and select ‘Extract’ or ‘Extract All’.
- Upload it to your wp-content/plugins folder on your web server. I created a special lesson that shows you how to do this via FTP here: How To FTP Using FileZilla.
- Activate the plugin by going to your WordPress admin, and then going to ‘Plugins’. You will then find the plugin on the list and click the activate link next to it.
- That’s it! Now move on to the step by step for adding the sending page.
Here’s the step by step:
- Login to your account.
- You will then be able to see the site you want to add a sending page to, and you will click the ‘Manage’ link that’s next to it.
- You will then find a page called ‘Page Administration’. You will need to then click ‘Sending Pages’.
- You will then be shown all of the sending pages you have set up already. If you haven’t set any up, you won’t see any. Either way, directly above where the pages are or would be listed, you will see a small link that says, “Add.” Go ahead and click the link.
- You will then see a form that you will need to fill out to add the page. Special Note: You don’t need to add a page of your site to do this. We’re going to take one of your existing posts or pages and turn it into a sending page.
- Name the sending page. If the page or post you’re going to use is about computers, call it ‘computers’. If it’s about making money online, call it ‘make money online’. If it’s about something else, name it accordingly.
- Put in the URL of the post or page you’re going to use.
- Leave the ‘Status’ on ‘enabled’.
- Select ‘Yes’ on the drop-down labeled ‘Create Links Dynamically’.
- The next two boxes can be used if you want to change the way the links look by adding a CSS class. Most of you won’t need to do anything here, and I wouldn’t recommend doing it unless you understand CSS. If you don’t change anything there, the links will look like the rest of the links on your site.
- Click ‘Insert’.
- You will now be taken to a page that will show you all the pages you have added. On that page, you need to find the page you added, and next to it you will click ‘Get Code’.
- It will then give you the code, which you will need to copy with your mouse.
- You will then login to your WordPress admin and edit the post or page you are using for the sending page. It will be best to open a new browser window at this time so that you can leave the Lavalinx window open where it is. Click into your code view and paste in the Lavalinx code.
- You now need to check a special box labeled ‘run PHP code’. You will find the box on the right-hand side of your screen below where you choose your categories. It’s down a ways so keep scrolling down!
- Once you have checked the ‘run PHP code’ box you will then save.
If This Is Your First Time Creating A Dynamic Sending Page, Follow These Additional Steps
There is a special Lavalinx file that needs to be uploaded to your web server in order for Lavalinx to create the dynamic links. If you click back over to the browser window that Lavalinx is in, you will notice a link down at the bottom that says ‘download this file’. You only have to do this once and this is how you do it:
- Click the link.
- Save the file.
- Extract the file.
- Upload it to the root directory of your blog. This means you should be able to see your wp-admin, wp-content, and wp-includes folders if you’re in the correct place. Here’s the lesson again that shows you how to upload: How To FTP Using FileZilla.
That’s it, you’re all done! If anyone runs into a problem somewhere, feel free to ask for help! Please be specific so I can tell exactly where you ran into the problem and I will do my best to help you out.